Thanks to your outstanding generosity, we have already helped twelve families identified by Arbol de Esperanza as well as eight of our scholarship recipient families. Additionally, twenty of the families that receive scholarships from our Education Committee have been assisted through the Committee's existing reserves. A total of forty families in all thanks to your generosity!
Each family received a voucher for 55,000 colones which they will be able to use to buy food and other necessities at Supermercado Carranza in San Ramon. Thanks again to Supermercado Carranza, for partnering with us!
It is not too late to donate! There are other families who need our help, and likely will for the next several months. We are able to accept your donations by any of the following methods:
1. For those who are comfortable with leaving your home, you can make a deposit directly into CAA's account at Coopenae. You can use the following information with the staff at Coopenae:
Institution: COOPENAE RL
Name: Asociacion Community Action Alliance/Asociacion Alianza De Accion Comunitaria
Personae Juridica/Cedula# 3-002-661454
IBAN Acct # CR28081400011013646765
This is the only CAA account ending in "5;" Christian or Luis Diego can help you get it to the right account, if handling in person. Please feel free to contact Susan Knab at firstname.lastname@example.org or our treasurer, Terry Handler, (email listed in #3 below) if you have any questions or need assistance with this process.
2. For those who have a Costa Rica bank account, whether at Coopenae or another bank, you can make a transfer into our account at Coopenae using the same information as above.
3. For those who do not have a Costa Rica bank account, you can transfer funds from your U.S. bank account to Terry using Zelle. You just need Terry's email which is Terry@thandler.com. Please include your contact information in the memo area of the payment screen. Terry will let you know that he received it and will deposit into the fund in your name.
4. For those that would like to donate via Paypal - use the above email address for Terry and please identify yourself and give your contact information in the note field.
5. If none of these three methods work for you, Susan or Terry will accept your pledge. Just let us know.
Our plan is to use a voucher system, very similar to what we use for our scholarship program, that will permit the recipients to purchase groceries at Carranza Supermercado. As for who will receive the vouchers, additional assistance will first be given to families identified through Arbol de Esperanza and all our scholarship student families. However, there are more than 80,000 people in the San Ramon canton, and we are likely to be able to help many more if we widen our scope. If we receive an overwhelming response and we find that your generosity exceeds the need of the families identified through Arbol de Esperanza and the scholarship families, we will work with an additional organization that serves the San Ramon canton.
This is totally a free-will contribution for those who are looking for a way to help and have the ability to do so. Also, please be assured that any funds donated for this purpose will be used only for this purpose and will not be diverted to any other CAA programs. What comes in will go back out, maybe not all at once since it may be several months before these families are able to reach any level of sustainability; but all funds collected will be distributed for their benefit.
Please contact Susan Knab or Terry Handler if you have any questions.