Some of the benefits to this pivot are:
- Leaders/participants can participate from all over the world.
- Registration done completely online and asynchronous.
- Sessions and registration schedule can be made up to a year in advance.
- Standardization and flexibility for group leaders to lead on their schedule. Can plan knowing the yearly schedule.
Turns out, the popularity of these pivots allowed us to crush last year's projections and we are only looking up in 2022. ECC's new partnership with XploreAmericas to provide native English student teachers with practicum opportunities will also provide more opportunities for ticos to learn and practice and especially allow us to promote to BEGINNER students which were previously limited as they required a more structured class.
If YOU would like to lead a group session, we'd LOVE to add you to our database of available leaders. At the moment we are mostly online, however pandemic permitting we'll add in person throughout the year.
To be a leader the requirements are:
- Native English speaker
- Talkative and outgoing
- Internet access with computer capable of audio and video transmission over Google Meet. (virtual groups)
- Tech savvy enough to handle video conferencing. (virtual groups)
- Have a gmail account. (virtual groups)
- Available to host two 1-hour sessions per week for 5 weeks (1-2 hours during the week and/or two hour Saturday mornings).
- Attend a practice meeting.
- You do not need to speak Spanish to participate.
If you are interested in leading a group, please contact Dustin or Ricardo at email@example.com
Please direct interested students to bit.ly/eccvirtual